Written by Ashlee Kasten
Published on June 14, 2022
- When your little one arrives home from the hospital, you’ll quickly realize how fast the days fly by. Suddenly, you’ll find your precious baby is off to kindergarten. Cue the tears!
- However, if you plan ahead, you can make sure to capture all the important moments so they aren’t lost forever.
- A baby memory book is a perfect way to document all the milestones and memories like first steps, favorite foods, or silly phrases your child says.
Some baby books are full of writing space with thoughtful prompts. Other baby books focus more on room for photos and short notes.
Choosing the best baby memory book can be a little overwhelming for new parents. There are so many options on the market, and it can be hard to know which one will be right for your family.
Here’s our list of the 5 best baby memory books of 2022 to help make your decision easy!
Best for Journaling
Best for Photos
As You Grow Modern Memory Book
Childhood History Journal
RubyRoo Baby Memory Book
As You Grow Modern Memory Book
Best for Journaling
Childhood History Journal
Best for Photos
RubyRoo Baby Memory Book
Best for Photos: RubyRoo Baby Memory Book
- BABY BOOK OF MEMORIES & MILESTONES: From pre-birth to year 5, our beautiful baby memory book will help you to create the perfect baby keepsake for your baby boy or baby girl. New parents are guided through the first year of the child’s journey with photo and writing spaces to document monthly birthday pages, major holidays, and important milestones such as first crawl and first words.
- THOUGHTFULLY DESIGNED IN THE USA: Our baby book memory journal is created as a crossover between a baby photo album, a scrapbook, and a baby journal with simple-to-fill writing prompts and ample spots to add photos on. Most of the photo frames inside are 4 x 4” square sized frames to give the baby album a Polaroid-style feel and make it easy to print photos off of social media.
- EASY TO COMPLETE & PERSONALIZE: This is the baby album and memory book you will actually finish! We know new parents are busy, so our baby book doesn’t ask to record those hard to remember details. Instead, we provide 4 blank pages at the back for you to personalize and customize your baby keepsake book.
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY – These baby milestone books are created with the family heirloom standard in mind. Matte laminated hardcover with spot UV coating offers great protection and timeless appeal. 250 GSM Thick cardstock acid-free inner pages guarantee no bleed through and the 1.2” wide spine means the keepsake album will open and close properly even when filled with photos and small keepsakes.
If you’re a parent who likes to capture every moment on camera, then you’ll love this baby memory book. The RubyRoo Baby Memory Book has blank photo spots on just about every page.
Nowadays, photos stay in hidden files on phones, laptops, or old flash drives. If you want to enjoy your baby’s photos, putting them in a photo memory book like this one is the way to go. Most printers can easily connect and print straight from your phone, making filling this book easier than ever.
This hardcover baby memory book is adorable from the outer cover to the inside. The colorful pages and adorable animals are perfect to celebrate your new little one.
The pages have very little to fill out, making it a great choice for parents who don’t enjoy journaling. If you’re a busy mom, you’ll appreciate being able to stick on a few photos and go about your day. If there are things you want to include, the four blank pages in the back of the book give you the freedom to do so.
This baby memory book covers the first five years of your baby’s life as well as pregnancy. Some of the basic pages to fill out include a growth chart, first words, and birth details. This baby book also includes a trinket pocket so you can store some of your baby’s items like a sonogram photo, hospital bracelet, or other sweet items you don’t want to let go of.
Best for Journaling: Promptly Journals – Childhood History Journal
- Beautifully Bound: Elegant texturedLinen Wrapped Hardbound Baby Book in Navy. Our logo is embossed in the front and gold embossing on the side. This is a limited edition prompted journal designed by Ginger Parrish. It is the same as our other Childhood History Journals, with the exception of the cover and end paper pattern.
- Prompted Entries Memory Book: Our thoughtful prompts help you easily write the most important memories. It covers from when the mother is pregnant, until the child is 18 years old.Each phase and year of the child’s life has custom tailored prompts to ensure quick but meaningful recording for the parent. Each Journal contain 254 pages with meaningful prompts to keep your child’s entire childhood safe and sound.
- Get a Pregnancy Journal and Baby Memory book all in one. Frompregnancy–18 years, you only need one book per child. Record every stage of your child’s life, pregnancy thru age 18.
- Only takes one hour per year to update your baby journal. Parents use this journal to record their child’s life, milestones and memories. This includes spaces to write notes to their child and add photos, footprints, and milestones.
When you hold your sweet little bundle in your arms, you might find yourself overcome with thoughts and dreams you’d like to share with your baby. If you’re the writing type, this baby book might be the right choice for you.
The Childhood History Journal is a simple, sleek journal that will look like historical literature or a classic novel on your bookshelf. The pages are high quality and clean. Each page includes plenty of space to write without the distraction of images or colors.
One feature that sets this journal apart from others is that it covers pregnancy up to 18 years old. It’s the only journal you’ll ever need for your child’s life.
Inside the pages, you’ll find a spot for footprints and handprints, a family tree, monthly journal writing prompts, and more. There are not many places for photos, so if you’re looking for a photo book to hold all the memorable moments, this isn’t it. However, there are just enough spaces to put a few pictures of sweet moments from your little one’s life.
This no-frills, modern baby book is one of the best baby memory books to capture your thoughts throughout your child’s life,
Best for Older Siblings: The Big Sibling Book: Baby’s First Year According to ME
- Rosenthal, Amy Krouse (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 96 Pages – 10/20/2009 (Publication Date) – Potter Style (Publisher)
If you have older children anxiously awaiting the arrival of their new baby brother or sister, this baby memory book is worth looking at! The Big Sibling Book is designed with those older siblings in mind.
Many parents want to make sure their older child feels included after the birth of a new family member. This book allows your child to track all of your baby’s special moments from pregnancy to 12 months old.
This baby memory book includes thoughtful prompts for your child to respond to, as well as silly pages for fun. This includes the silly face page, where your child can illustrate all the funny faces their baby sibling makes. There are also bi-monthly pages for your child’s thoughts on their sibling.
To make it extra fun, this book includes milestone stickers so your child can track their sibling’s development. And there’s a page for siblings to show off their developments too!
This memory book is designed for ages 2-6, but many parents have used it with older children and loved it as well. You’ll want to be sure to start this as soon as you let your child know they’ll be a big brother or sister. Otherwise, you’ll miss much of the book.
Best Modern: As You Grow Modern Memory Book
- Hardcover Book
- Paige Tate & Co. (Producer) – Herold, Korie (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 160 Pages – 04/10/2018 (Publication Date) – Paige Tate & Co (Publisher)
For the modern parent looking for something elegant and simple, look no further. This hand-illustrated baby memory book is just beautiful.
The As You Grow Modern Memory Book is filled with pages covering pregnancy to 5 years old. The binding is hardcover and the pages are high-quality. This means this modern baby book is built to be passed down as an heirloom.
Expecting mothers will appreciate the room to document everything from finding out about the pregnancy to the birth story. There’s also a family tree, nursery decor, and baby shower page to fill out before your baby comes. For this reason, it makes a perfect gift for an expecting mother.
After your baby comes, this memory book is filled with pages that include room to journal or write notes about special memories. There are also pockets throughout the book to store sweet treasures like a lock from your baby’s first haircut. The blank photo spaces throughout provide room for pictures of milestones and moments you don’t want to forget.
The cover is clean and beautiful and the hand-drawn illustrations continue throughout the book. There are even pages that include beautiful quotes about parenthood and children.
With pages and pages of beauty and simplicity, this is one of the best baby memory books for parents looking for modern design.
Best for Storage: Beautiful Baby Memory Book with Keepsake Box and Stickers
- Beautiful Baby Keepsake Box For Lasting Memories: From where the grand family adventure began to all the big milestones of your little one – thanks to the baby memory book and boxes you can keep precious moments and keepsakes from pre-birth through to the first 5 years collected in one place!
- Capture The Progress Of Your Toddler: Watch your toddler grow & add memorable stories, photos & milestone stickers to the baby album. Forward 20 years and these memories would put a smile on anyone’s face
- Adorable Premium Design: 5 small boxes give space to cute keepsakes like the hospital wristbands or pacifier. The baby scrapbook with lovely illustrations & quotes will guide you through all occasions!
- Leave Sweet Personal Notes: To make this 100-page (8.66×8.66”) baby milestone book even more personal you have plenty of space to add letters & notes – cherished words that will touch your child’s heart in future
What if you want a baby record book for all of the important moments, but you also want space to store your baby’s special treasures? This might include their bracelet from the hospital or their first pair of socks. The Beautiful Baby Memory Book with Keepsake Box and Stickers has you covered!
Let’s start with the adorable box this baby keepsake book comes with. The box will last in storage through the years as it is made with sturdy materials. It’s also decorated in adorable animals and greenery to match the baby book.
There are sections inside the box to store your baby’s first booties, hat, hospital bracelet, lock of hair, and pacifier. There is also a bigger section that will fit items like the coming home outfit or a small receiving blanket.
The monthly stickers are designed to stick on your baby’s clothes so you can take milestone pictures. The same adorable animals also make an appearance on these stickers. Each monthly photo you take can also be added to the memory book.
This baby keepsake book features pages to fill out from pregnancy through the first five years of your baby’s life. This includes a family tree, birth story, personal letters, lists of firsts and favorite things, and more. It also includes plenty of space for photos.
The extra room and sturdy box make this one of the best baby memory books for saving items from special moments and memories.
Our pick for the best baby memory book is the As You Grow Modern Memory Book. Here’s why we love it:
- Quality. The sturdy cover and thick pages will keep this book from getting ripped or damaged through the years.
- Design. We love the sleek design and hand-drawn illustrations on the pages of this special baby book.
- Storage. The extra pockets throughout give parents the options to store items like sonogram pictures and hospital bracelets.
This baby memory book has parents raving. It just might be the only baby book you’ll ever need. This tops our list for the best baby memory book for 2022!
There are several accessories we think accompany baby memory books nicely for perfect photos and streak-free journaling.
Here’s what we recommend:
- Monthly baby stickers
- Receiving blankets for photo backgrounds
- Swaddle sets for newborn photos
- Scrapbook pens
What should you look for in a baby memory book?
When purchasing a baby memory book, you should look for one that is high quality and is made with sturdy pages. You may also want to find a book with pockets or places to store small items like your baby’s first curl. Many baby books also come with monthly stickers which can be placed on your baby’s clothes for monthly photo shoots.
How much should you spend on a baby memory book?
You can find quality baby memory books for around $20. However, some luxury versions with extra features like keepsake boxes can cost upwards of $50.
“At first the price of The Short Years Baby Book seemed high, but now that I have the book itself and the first six months of my baby's pages I am so happy I spent the money. It is simply beautiful. It is high quality and I am confident it will last forever so I can always look back at this precious time in my life.”What goes in a baby memory book? ›
- Your positive pregnancy test. Relive the emotion of the day you discovered you were pregnant. ...
- Ultrasound photos. ...
- The pregnancy announcement. ...
- Maternity photos. ...
- Birth story. ...
- Baby Shower (or Sex Reveal Party) ...
- Open letters from loved ones to your baby. ...
- Memorable milestones.
- As You Grow. Buy Here. ...
- The Short Years. Buy Here. ...
- Personalized Story of You. Buy Here. ...
- Bebe. Buy Here. ...
- Qeepsake. Buy Here. ...
- The Story of You. Buy Here. ...
- Le Petit Baby Book. Buy Here. ...
- Bobee Baby Journal. Buy Here.
Sometimes called baby journals, baby keepsake books, baby milestone books or simply baby books, baby memory books are a great place to jot down baby's statistics and milestones, save mementos and journal about your experience as a new parent.When should you buy baby books? ›
Go ahead and start reading chunky board books, soft fabric books, or vinyl bath books. Why read to babies? Though your baby may seem too little to understand, she enjoys your company and the sounds of your voice and words.
Books for babies should have simple, repetitive, and familiar text and clear pictures. During the first few months of life, your child just likes to hear your voice. So you can read almost anything, especially books with a sing-song or rhyming text.How do you lay out a memory book? ›
Start by making a list of loved ones to include and gather up the memories that capture your unique bond. You can divide your book into sections dedicated to each friend or family member, group your photos by season or special event, or treat each page as a collage of moments.What are the 5 happiest babies? ›
It just so happens that there is one bundle of tricks known as the “5 S's.” Pediatrician Harvey Karp pioneered this method when he brought together five techniques that mothers have often used and organized them into this easy mnemonic: swaddle, side-stomach position, shush, swing, and suck.How do I choose a newborn book? ›
Choose books with large pictures or bright and bold illustrations set against a contrasting background. Look for books that have simple pictures, one per page. Language. Infants will enjoy looking through wordless picture books, or books that have just a single word along with a big picture.Where can I find free baby books? ›
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. ...
- Little Free Libraries. ...
- Freecycle, Facebook, and Craigslist. ...
- Book exchanges and book banks. ...
- Libraries and bookmobiles.
A photobook is a book — with or without text — where the work's primary message is carried by photographs. It is a book authored by a photographer or by someone editing or sequencing the work of a photographer, or even a number of photographers.What is a book filled with pictures called? ›
Picture book definition
A picture book is a story intended for the youngest of readers, in which the illustrations and the text work together to tell the story. Picture books are usually read to children, not by children.
The photobook is a book of photographs by a photographer that has an overarching theme or follows a storyline – a convenient and reasonably cheap way of disseminating the work of a photographer to a mass audience. Related terms and concepts. Explore this term. Selected artists in the collection.How many books does a baby need? ›
But, babies don't need a lot of books in their library.
What is this? Aim for a collection of 10-12 board books to get you through the baby stage.
Most babies say their first word sometime between 12 and 18 months of age. However, you'll start to hear the early stages of verbal communication shortly after birth. "From birth to 3 months, babies make sounds. There's smiling and cooing," explains Loeffler.How many books a day should a baby read? ›
Make a routine, and try to share at least one book every day. For example, sharing a book can be a relaxing way to end the day. Turn off the TV or radio, put your phone on silent, and find a quiet space so your baby can hear your voice. Try out funny noises and sounds – play and have fun!What are 3 benefits of reading to your baby? ›
- Provides your baby with information about the world around them.
- Teaches them the importance of communication.
- Builds their listening, memory, and vocabulary skills.
- Introduces them to things like numbers, letters, colors, and shapes.
7 to 12 months
Books with just one object or person per age are best; hearing you name something they can recognize reinforces your baby's vocabulary and slowly helps them realize that illustrations stand for real things. Point to the pictures your baby shows interest in.
One such indicator for newborn health is “the proportion of newborns who received all four elements of essential care”. The four elements are immediate and thorough drying, skin to skin contact, delayed cord clamping, and early initiation of breastfeeding.What should you not buy for a newborn? ›
- A Changing Table. ...
- Wipe Warmer. ...
- Diaper Disposal System. ...
- Special "Baby" Detergent. ...
- Bassinet. ...
- Expensive Crib Bedding. ...
- High Chair. ...
- Baby Food Processor.
One of the most important newborn baby essentials is a firm mattress that fits the crib you've bought perfectly. This is the safest surface for sleep. Bedding. You won't need much bedding—just a waterproof mattress cover and several fitted sheets that fit your crib mattress perfectly.What do you say in a memory book? ›
Share a fond memory, or something you loved about their character. Before you write the message, imagine the family reading the content of the book, write something that you believe will help them, you can be positive in your message, you can even share a funny story, don't be afraid to make them smile.What are your best childhood memories? ›
- 1 Your Favorite Stuffed Animal. ...
- 2 Memorable Children's Storybooks. ...
- 3 Building Forts and Castles. ...
- 4 Watching Your Favorite Cartoon. ...
- 5 Your First Crush. ...
- 6 Your Parents' Favorite Music. ...
- 7 Playing with Friends outside.
- Choose a theme for your grandparent memory book. ...
- Gather your photos and memorabilia. ...
- Include significant life stages and events. ...
- Add prompts or questions to encourage storytelling. ...
- Download a free book-making tool. ...
- Leave room for handwritten notes.
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown.
- Hop on Pop by Dr. Seuss.
- My first 100 Words.
- Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by Mem Fox.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle.
- Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney.
- Dear Zoo by Rod Campbell.
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak.
- Big Hugs, Little Hugs. by Felicia Bond. Add to Bookshelf. ...
- Open the Barn Door… by Christopher Santoro. Add to Bookshelf. ...
- Let's Play. by Leo Lionni. ...
- Llama Llama Nighty-Night. by Anna Dewdney. ...
- Clap Your Hands. by Lorinda Bryan Cauley. ...
- Wheels on the Bus. by Raffi. ...
- Pat the Bunny. by Dorothy Kunhardt.
For kids in kindergarten and younger, the recommendation is to read five books to your child a day. By reading five books a day, it's thought that they'll have heard one million more words than a child who was never read to by the time they're 5.What color makes a baby happy? ›
Yellow is strongly associated with positivity and happiness, which makes perfect sense for your baby's nursery. Rather than choosing harsh, brighter tones like lemon or neon, go for a softer version like daffodil or dandelion. The warmth it provides creates a soothing atmosphere.Do gifted babies cry more? ›
A key sign of possible giftedness in infants is the need for mental stimulation. In fact, it is not unusual for gifted babies to get fussy and even start to cry if they aren't provided constant stimulus.What are the 6 basic emotions babies feel? ›
Around this time, babies show facial expressions that correspond to all of the basic emotions: interest, joy, surprise, anger, sadness, disgust, and fear. These emotions can be experienced one at a time, but more often they blend into many different combinations.
The number of fingers they're holding up by the end of the page tells them if the book is the right level: 0-1 fingers: It's too easy. 2-3 fingers: It's just right. 4-5 fingers: It's too hard (or best read aloud with a buddy).Should I buy books for newborn? ›
Reading to your baby also helps with language development. During the first year, babies will hear all the sounds they need to speak their native language. So, the more books they read during their first year, the better they will be able to talk.What books should I read to my 2 month old baby? ›
- I Heart Bedtime (Martha and the Bunny Brothers) Author: Clara Vulliamy. ...
- Teddy Bedtime. Author: Georgie Birkett. ...
- Guess How Much I Love You. Author: Sam McBratney Illustrator: Anita Jeram. ...
- Goodnight Moon. ...
- Goodnight, Baby Moon. ...
- Baby Sparkle: Bedtime. ...
- Tickle My Ears. ...
- A Recipe for Bedtime.
- Amazon Baby Registry Welcome Box.
- Buy Buy Baby Free Goody Bag.
- Target Welcome Kit.
- Walmart Baby Registry Welcome Box.
- Babylist Registry Hello Baby Box.
- Enfamil Family Beginnings Pack.
- Pampers Club Rewards Program.
- Huggies Rewards+ Program.
- Set Up a Baby Registry. ...
- Check With Friends and Family. ...
- Sign Up for Diaper Freebies. ...
- Ask for Baby Formula Samples. ...
- Request Free Samples of Baby Items. ...
- Search for Baby Product Coupons. ...
- Try Marketplace Sites.
Your local pediatrician and hospital are great resources for getting free baby samples. Simply tell them that you're wanting some free baby samples and they'll be able to give you some or sign you up for special baby clubs that will send you some free baby samples in the mail.What is the easiest book to read? ›
- Fantastic Mr Fox – Roald Dahl.
- The Old Man and the Sea – Ernest Hemingway.
- Lord of the Flies – William Golding.
- Empty World – John Christopher.
- To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone- J.K. Rowling.
A novella is a narrative prose fiction whose length is shorter than most novels, but longer than most short stories.What is a book with blank pages called? ›
Empty books or blank books are novelty books whose title indicates that they treat some serious subject, but whose pages have been left intentionally blank. A number of such titles have been published as attempts at satire or polemic, to some commercial success.What are three types of picture books? ›
- Board Books. These are usually made for newborn babies to around 2 years old. ...
- Concept Books. A type of picture book made to explain or introduce an idea or activity. ...
- Early Readers. ...
- Wordless. ...
- Transition Books. ...
- Narrative Nonfiction.
That part of the book is called the ”insert.” The images themselves are sometimes called plates. The “insert” is no longer necessary as one can actually print quality images directly on the paper used for the rest of the text.What is the easiest photo book to make? ›
Google Photos is probably the easiest and most basic choice if you're going to order a photo book. It offers a minimalist layout on white pages that you can add captions to. There aren't embellishments like there are on Mixbook, but you can still make creative layouts with multiple photos.How many photos can you put in a photo book? ›
There's no set number; extreme lengths for books vary between as few as 12 to more than 300 images. There are number of things to keep in mind when making a photo book. Most photo books contain between 50 and 100 images.What is it called when you get a book from the library? ›
In the USA, the word is borrowed. I'm assuming that became the usage because eventually you will give the book back. I agree that rented implies payment, and no American I know uses that term for library books. 1.Are short years worth it? ›
LOVE this! There is no way I would have kept up with a traditional baby book, but The Short Years app is so simple to use, and the final product is clean and beautiful. It makes the documenting process easy and fun instead of being a chore!What age is Vooks good for? ›
Ages 2-8. Vooks provides a safe, child-friendly viewing experience for all ages. Carefully selected family-friendly books that will engage and promote imagination. Ad-free, quality screen time you can feel good about and share with your loved ones.What is the longest running children's book series? ›
- Started in: 1925.
- Number of volumes: 190.
- Reading age:
- Concluded in:
It is a cute story about a teen girl's tooth tale, but it has things like bras, crushes, how a teenager needs to kiss her first boy, puberty, some other mature content. It is a good story for 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th grade, but not intended for elementary school kids.Is there an app for a baby book? ›
Download The Short Years app and create your first baby book chapter in just five minutes! Once a week, The Short Years App will remind you to upload a photo and answer a couple of questions about your baby's milestones and special moments.What can I expect at 1.5 years? ›
At this age, expect new and complex emotions, pretend play, independence, walking, a lot of new words, and more. Activities that are good for development include talking and listening, reading, working on everyday skills and playing with others.
Yes! Vooks is an extremely safe online book platform for children. It's secure and ad-free and used by parents and teachers around the world! There are also no in-app purchase options.Is Vooks still free? ›
Always Free For Teachers! In classroom use on one device. 20 minutes of reading a day. Make Vooks part of your literacy plan.What age are blue books for? ›
Blue book band
Recommended reading age 5 - 6 years. Children are becoming more confident at reading longer and more varied sentences. Usually no more than 15 pages with 2 or 3 sentences per page.
|1.||The Little Prince (Le Petit Prince), Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1943)|
|2.||Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, J. K. Rowling (1997)|
|3.||Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll (1865)|
|4.||The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, C. S. Lewis (1950)|
The target age range for early readers is between 5 and 8 years old, with a word count 1000 to 2500 words. Children's literature specialist Jenny Bowman says, “Early readers are books with slightly more text than found in your average picture book. They have 32 to 64 pages, with simple, repetitive text.
There is no swearing, not much violence and the "little mouse" metaphor is the show's only sexual reference. The series is probably too heavy for very young children, but older ones should be able to handle the content just fine.Is Night teeth appropriate for kids? ›
As of today, Netflix has given this 2021 film an age rating of TV-14, meaning those 14 years of age and older can most certainly watch every second of this film.Is Big Mouth appropriate for an 11 year old? ›
So, “should” an 11–13 year old watch Big Mouth? Well, it's rated TV-MA. So, by the censorship board…that would be a no.